Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

First of all, my thanks to all who have and are now serving in the Military. I am so grateful for my freedom we have and the sacrifice that has given us the freedom. A special thanks to my sweet hubby, my older brother, my father in law, and to all those who I am friends with who are serving.

We had a fantastic holiday. We got to go visit some friends in Idaho and see the fireworks there. We stayed with Will and Emily. I loved seeing Emily. She looks like a model prego. :) I love it. They have such a cute little house. We left around 7 pm Thursday night and didn't get there until like 11! Normally it shouldn't take that long. We decided to GPS the address on our phone. Needless to say that was the first time the GPS had failed us. We were like 12 miles west of their house and finally Josh decided to turn around once we hit the dirt road! Em lives in Firth Idaho. I thought that Firth was a little town out in the boonies, but once again was I surprised! She lives in the middle of NOWHERE! But, I still loved every minute.

We went to the parade Friday morning. It was pretty fun. I saw some people I hadn't seen in a while. It was fun to see them. Porter loved it! We taught him how to wave the flag. So cute. He did get tired though. Totally zonked!

That night we went to the falls for the fireworks. We waited forever. Just took pictures and walked around the green belt a little ways. I loved the fireworks. Josh did too. Porter was so tired from the heat and the long day that he only could enjoy the finale. Then, back to sleep. For what he saw he loved it. :) It was a very hot, and fantastic trip. Josh and I had so much fun! Maybe next year....

3 comments:

Josh and Becca said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Love the hair!! I can't believe how fast Porter is growing. I haven't seen you guys in ages!! Let's get together soon, okay?

Emily Empey said...

SOOO FUN! I loved having you guys there!! thanks for coming and i hope you come again! Also i really need some pics that you took! I don't have ONE of you and i or of your cute little fam!!!

Bekah and Lance said...

How fun! Wish I would've known you were there. We were up at my parents.