Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shotgun Shooting


Last Saturday we got to go to the west desert and shoot Josh's shotgun. I had a blast! Although it was freakin hot out!! It was Josh, me, Porter and Josh's little brother Colton. We got a whole box of clay disks as our targets. And yes, we used them all. :) We also got ear muffs for Porters little ears. Adult size. He looked so darn cute!
He was asleep for the first part of the shooting but when he did wake up he liked it. Josh is a really good shot. He saw someone online throw 10 disks into the air and shoot them all before it hit the ground. That is his goal. Although he only got a couple. :) He still had fun and now has something to work on. Colton was obsessed with firing at a tree. Up close and personal. He said that he wanted to shoot it down. Crazy boy! I had an awesome time. I have only shot one other shotgun and a pistol. So this was pretty new for me. I love shooting. Nothing takes away stress like shooting into the open air. Since that is where most of my aims ended up. Our shotgun is a semi automatic. So it gets 5 shots in a row if you want. That was my favorite part. Shooting at a target 5 times in a row. Really super fun day!

1 comment:

Justin and Kristin said...

A semi-automatic shotgun, that does sound pretty great!
I think our hubbys would get along very well. Too bad we don't live closer, we could all go shooting together! :)