Saturday, February 27, 2010

Funny Story

Porter and I were in Smiths just getting a couple of quick things for dinner. I really really had to go to the bathroom and decided I couldn't hold it. I told Porter that we needed to look for a bathroom. The whole way to the bathroom Porter was saying "Mommy is poooopy. Needs to go potty." I was kinda laughing, yet embarrassed. Anyway, I couldn't leave Porter to roam, so like any good mom I took him into the stall with me. I gave him the big task of holding my purse. He did great. He held my purse and was just talking about how we were at the store. I went #1 and was turning to flush. Porter had gone to the toilet, looked inside and said "Wow Mommy, Good job. I'm so happy" Getting praise from a potty training 2 year old is the greatest feeling a mom can get while in a public restroom.

5 comments:

Lacie said...

I love it!!! That is such a great story. Oh to be the person in the next stall over :)

Emily Empey said...

hahaha that is hilarious!!!! THat is so funny!

The Dillons said...

Yes it is nice to get that praise right?! That is a good story!

Rebecca said...

That is really funny. Kids know the best times to embarrass you, don't they? Hey hows it going? What is his little brothers name going to be?

Sarah Nitta said...

Oh my gosh, Em, I just came across your blog from Becca's again and this made me laugh out loud. This is so funny. What a cutie!