Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lincoln



Lincoln Patrick was born on April 12th, 2010. We went in at noon and they put me on Pitocin. 1/2 hour later they broke my water and 1/2 hour later they took me off Pitocin cuz I was going on my own. I had tested positive for Group B and needed to be on the antibiotics for at least 4 hours. They were really worried that I wouldn't even make it the 4 hours. I did get an epidural. I don't know how people do it without. :) I tried to "tough it out" for a little bit, but it really hurts. Labor was REALLY fast. I started pushing with contractions and only went through about 5 contractions and Lincoln was born at 4:45! Lincoln was completely healthy. Not a problem with either one of us. We got to come home Wednesday morning. I think one of my favorite parts about having a baby is 1. The baby and 2. I love watching Josh be so proud. Josh is a FANTASTIC daddy and he is really good at giving both kids all the attention that they need.
Plus saves some time for me. :)
Porter was so cute when he met Lincoln. He wanted to touch every part of him and did. He would name every body part and get so excited that Lincoln had it too. One moment I'll never forget is when Porter pulled Lincoln's hat up a little and said "oh my gosh, he has small brains"! He would constantly compare hand sizes, and of course gave ALOT of kisses.

5 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Congrats girl!! Glad that everything went so well for you guys!

The Park Family said...

Congrats!!! You have a cute little family!!!

Justin and Kristin said...

Yay! CONGRATS on the newest member of the family! I'm super glad you had a such a wonderful delivery and that both of you are very healthy! I can't believe how much both boys look so much like both parents, it's crazy!!

Josh and Becca said...

Yay! I was waiting for an update. I'm so excited for you! What a cutie and I'm grateful everything went well. Love you guys!

Emily Empey said...

Yay! Sounds like it was soooo much easier than Porter's labor and delivery!! Sounds like you did awesome! I miss you so much and i am so happy for you!! Your boys are ADORABLE