Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My dad is home from China!

My dad is almost done with his Masters in Business. Part of his program was going to China to learn about different business approaches and different countries. He had a BLAST! Not only did he learn tons he got to bring home some gifts. The best part of a vacation if you ask me. :) He brought back tons of pictures and books to share. It's so interesting to see and hear about things that go on there. He said that they are so polite and kind. What would America be like if that were the case? One of my favorite stories that he told us what that the little kids wanted their pictures taken with the Americans. They went to this little town, the people were so interested in the Americans that they would just stop and stare. They even stopped traffic by walking through town! He said that he felt like a celebrity. :) The kids of the town just followed them all day long wanting picture after picture. My dad said it had to be at least 50 pictures just with the same kids begging and wanting their picture taken. The kids even cheered to each other after the pic was taken. So cute.
The BEST thing about my dad going to China is that he brought back pearls for us girls. Oh my gosh, how I love my pearls. I guess I have been spoiled because this is my third real string from China. I won't even wear fake ones. :) I don't care about having fake diamonds (no my wedding ring is real) but when it comes to pearls....they better be real baby! I love love love my new light pink beautiful pearls. My dad brought back some ties for the boys. There were so many to choose from. Josh picked 4, Jacob picked like 8, mom sent a couple to Dave, and dad is keeping the rest. So many ties!
Before dad left for China Porter wanted nothing to do with his Grandpa. Sad I know. But now my little guy prefers his Grandpa. So sweet. I am so happy that he got to experience China but I am so glad my daddy is home.

2 comments:

Emily Empey said...

SO that is fun that he went to China! PEARLS I lOVE PEARLS! I am jealous! thats fun!

Bekah and Lance said...

How fun to have some real pearls! Sounds like your dad had quite the adventures.