Thursday, May 29, 2008

To my Marines

I know the post is a little late but I wanted to give the Marines in my life some respect on Memorial day. I am so proud to be married to a Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Even though he is out of the Corps, I am so proud of him. I love the fact that he was in the Marine Corps for 5 years. I think it takes someone so special to give their time and effort for something that they know might take their life. He was a spectacular Marine. Fulfilling all his duties and more. He served a year in Japan, 3 years in Colorado, and a year in Twenty nine palms, CA. I am so proud to tell people and to know that my husband is such a great person to give of himself so much to join the Marine Corps. He had an honorable discharge as a Sargent in January with 3 years inactive ready reserve.

I don't know much about my father in laws service in the Marine Corps, but I know that he served for 4 years. He was also a Sargent when he was honorably discharged as well.

Being a Marines wife and learning of all the sacrifice and things that go on in the military and what type of amazing people give of themselves makes me feel honored to have close family ties to such a cause. I am so happy to be in this amazing country and give applause to the people who are serving now and in the past and to those who have lost their lives serving us Americans.

1 comment:

Emily Empey said...

I have not been on these blogs for so long!! Good post- and perfect for memorial day!! and for the post below about the offer-- that is wrong- i agree!! love ya em!