Thursday, March 27, 2008

Frustration!!

I am so frustrated with the way things are going right now. I mean, there are many blessings that we have right now too, so I don't want to forget those. Porter has been having blood in his poo since he was born. We took him into the ER when he was 2 weeks old really freaked out about it. They just said that it was probably my milk that was making him have the blood but not to stop breast feeding. They said that I should stay away from milk and cheese and that should help. So, the bleeding had stopped. Then we moved to Utah and Josh got out of the Marine Corps and we didn't have health insurance anymore. He had another episode with lots of blood in his diaper again (at about 2 months old). We didn't take him into the doctor but waited like 2 or 3 days and it went away. Well, lately (like the past 2 weeks) he has been throwing up (like vomit) at least once a day. He has also been acting strange. (trust me, I know him best). It's almost like an hour after each feeding (which is increasing) he has this massive fit! Like something is not digesting or something. You can surely tell that he is in pain. We have been trying to get CHIP ever since his second bleeding episode. They need the dumbest papers and take forever!! Well, last week Porter wasn't keeping anything down all day so I finally just went to the doctor. (without insurance). She said that the vomiting should stop but she is concerned about his bloody diapers. I didn't study his poop before but now I see it, he has been pooping blood all along. Just a little tiny bit in select diapers. Well, the doc tested the diaper for blood and it was positive. So I guess I am so frustrated that my son is obviously sick. He has something wrong with his little tummy. He is in pain. I can't afford to run to Primary Children's for testing that he needs. I call CHIP like everyday and try to explain to them that I need insurance for Porter and that I need the financial help now! I don't know what else to do than to just wait. If anyone has anything to say especially advise, please comment. Hopefully Josh will be getting a good job soon. He has applied to many places and is in an interview now. I just hope that we can get insurance through a job or that CHIP can help us out soon. Thanks for the rave.

5 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Oh that's so frustrating! Was the doctor thinking the throwing up could have anything to do with a milk allergy? It's hard to not have insurance especially when you're really trying to get him the help he needs. Keep calling them everyday and hopefully that will push things along faster! We'll keep Porter in our prayers!

Justin and Kristin said...

Well, sadly I know that Medicaid (if it's the same thing) here in Idaho is a pain in the butt and takes forever!! So unfortunately that will probably take a while! But if it makes you feel any better, I know a couple little baby boys with digestive problems, who knows, why the boys, but it's not terribly uncommon. Anyway, have you tried gas drops or baby laxitives?? I know at the pharmacy I work at people ask my pharmacists ALL the time for advice (it's like a free Dr.) anyway, you could ask them if they suggest a gas drop or laxative, so his little belly can get emptied out and comfortable again, at least until you get the problem figured out?!

Boyd Fam said...

Wow, that is VERY frusterating!! And would be emotionally exhausting knowing that your baby needs something and because people are STUPID and take forever you have to wait for them to help your child. He will be in our prayers.

Emily Empey said...

OH EM!!! I am so sorry!! I feel so bad for the little man!! stupid Insurance crap!!! I get so sick of their S*%fdhjaskT!!!!!!!!! That would make me mad!!! We have a Doctor her ein Idaho that takes patients without insurance and makes things a lot cheaper--- he bill you himself and its basically he just charges by the mionute you are there-- and then he charges you HIS cost on labs and other such things. Maybe there is a Old Fashion modern doctor like that in Utah. at least to get some medical help until CHIP kicks in!! If you Need anything or want to come stay at my house so you can take him to that dr i was talking about you are more than welcome!! my house is OPEN!!!

Emily Empey said...

Oh and also sorry for the novels! but If you want me to just give you the Drs number and you can ask him questions or see if he knows any doctors like him in Utah- call me and I will give it to you!! He is a very trusting dr- sometimes on the weird side but VERY good at what he does!! Will and I have gone to him many times!!