Friday, April 25, 2008

Visit from Dave

My brother and his wife Veancha came to visit this last weekend. Dave is in the Navy and stationed now in New Orleans. They just moved there and still had all their stuff here in Utah. So, the point of the trip was to pick up their stuff from storage and show the baby off. :) It was am interesting trip. I haven't ever gotten alone with Veancha, just major personality differences and different thinking and opinions on alot of things. Well, I was dreading them even coming for that reason. But, thankfully, Veancha and I actually bonded a little bit. Don't know if it was that we both have babies now, or what. But we really connected and I don't really have hard feelings for her as much anymore. I am so happy that they came and that I could let go of some of those feelings for my family. It's so relieving.

They got to bless their little girl while they were here. It was nice. Dave blessed her at the house with all the family. This is little Kairi belle. Oh my goodness, she is so tiny! She is like 7 ish pounds now and Porter is double her size. It was fun to hold and snuggle her but I am glad I have my little big boy. :)

1 comment:

Emily Empey said...

oh good Em!! I am glad you were able to bond and put feelings aside!! that is awesome! their baby si so cute! She looks tiny!! but good job i am glad you guys are on good terms for the most part! LOVE YA!!